Thursday, July 8, 2010

Letter Writing Wednesday

Here in the exciting world of our house, I've been trying to enrich the children's brains over the summer as much as I can. For instance, we've entered the summer reading program at the library, and we read for half an hour each day. We also frequent the area nature centers and local museums, attending educational kiddy programs and stuff.
One cool idea I read about in a book about homeschooling was Letter Writing Thursday. (I changed it to Letter Writing Wednesday because it just sounds better to me!) On this day each week, all the kids pick someone to write a letter to. Then you mail it out, and hope for a response back!
Little Bear and Rafael both chose to write to fire fighters. Their letters:

Dear Firefighters,
       When I was little I was in a fire. The scariest part was seeing the fire. What is the scariest part about being a firefighter? Please send me a letter.
Love, Little Bear.

Dear Firefighters,
         What is the funnest part of your job? Please write back with the funnest part.
Love, Rafael.

Pufferfish originally wanted to write to the mailman, but then she chose to write to her Daddy instead!

Dear Daddy, .
I love Daddy. Daddy always plays with me. My dad always says what I say. He always says"I love you!" I say, "I love Daddy." I always play with you. I'm never gonna kill you.
Love,
Pufferfish,

Hmm... what a sweet letter... I think???

Anyone want to join in on Letter Writing Wednesday next week?

3 comments:

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

I think Letter Writing Wednesday sounds better too!

Anonymous said...

This is a fun idea. Have you sent the letters? Have you received any responses?

Adelaide Dupont said...

Wednesday is tomorrow.

So think it might be fun to join in.

Zachary Lassiter trained to be a firefighter. If the children write to him, it could well brighten up his day.

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!