Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Is This An Example Of My Aspie-ness?



Since Little Bear still pees the bed, she has to wear diapers, and Pull-ups don't work because she pees a lot. So she has to wear the largest size of regular diapers, and since they don't stay on her, Jimmy duct tapes them shut! (Not on her skin of coure... its like a belt, around the diaper, keeping it tight.)
So the duct tape was out last night, and Little Bear didn't feel good, and to make her laugh I ripped off a piece of duct tape and put it over my mouth. She ran and got the white board and a dry erase marker, and we were communicating through it. I told her to inform everyone I had taken a vow of silence.
I took a picture of myself with the duct tape over my mouth, and I thought it looked pretty cool! I thought it would make a great picture for my Facebook profile!
So I doctored it a little on Lunapic, and I made it my profile pic.
Within about twenty minutes, my mom, stepmom, aunt and sister had commented, "Please take this picture down, it is creepy!" Some of them were actually irritated and alarmed that I would put up a picture like that.
I just can't see why, though! The picture is meant to be funny! I don't know why people find it so deeply disturbing,
Here is the pic... What do you think?

3 comments:

Stimey said...

I definitely see that it looks cool. Absolutely. It does look a little like you've been kidnapped though. I can see both sides, but get why people wouldn't see it as funny.

Hey, did the duct tape hurt coming off? You are way braver than me. I would have used scotch tape. Which wouldn't have worked. I'm a wuss.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

I think it was a great idea to help Little Bear feel better! But when people see the photo on a profile, not knowing the story behind it, they might see it as unnerving, in a victim-like way, perhaps. I'm not sure if that's what your family members thought, but that's what came to my mind as a possibility for why they responded that way.

Anonymous said...

Every TV shows criminal uses duct tape when he/she kidnaps someone. It's a cool photo, though.

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!