Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

I hope all you mamas have great weekends planned! I am writing now because I don't know if I'll be anywhere near a computer before Sunday... I've got another crazy weekend ahead of me! My weekend will include celebrating Mother's Day/my little cousin's birthday with my birth (aka not Diana, Jimmy, the kids, etc) family.
I made this as a present for my mom.


Its a flower pot, which I painted, but the flowers are actually pens! You've probably seen those in st ores and stuff. I learned how to make them in my social club for crazy people, and I thought it would be cool to make! So I did one for my mom, and one for my Nona. (I didn't take a picture of the one for Nona.) The problem is, now that I think about it, I'm afraid they're going to think, "What a stupid gift!" I keep imagining my Nona telling someone that her granddaughter made it for her, and the other person saying, "Which granddaughter? The eight year old?"

Oh well, wish me luck!
Little Bear is driving me completely crazy right now! I took the kids to the library after school for a Mother's Day gift making event, and apparently I completely used up their capacity for good behavior! Little Bear and Rafael darted  out into the parking lot and nearly got hit by a car afs we left the library, and then when they got home they immediately started jumping on the couch! (Thats what happens on rainy days when they can't get on the trampoline or play at the playground.) Now Little Bear and Pufferfish won't stop arguing. Ugh! Calgon, take me away!

2 comments:

Adelaide Dupont said...

No, I haven't seen pen-flowers in stores.

And the pot is so colourful.

(A Mexican style?)

I gave Maman Scott Westerfield's Specials which she enjoyed reading.

A favourite pen gift from my past was a purple tree which could bend and its eyes and mouth glowed.

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes, and I'm sure your flower-pot-pens will go over well! Definitely not a stupid gift! They turned out lovely. And I'm very glad to hear that there were no parking lot tragedies! Hope the kids settled down at some point!

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!