Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I THOUGHT I Was Doing Good!

Lately my mood and energy have been pretty low. I've been slacking off on a lot of things, including things involving the kids. I haven't done Tot School or any type of themed activities in weeks... Its lucky if I can muster up the attention span to do an art project with them or take them to the park! There's been a lot of Dora and Diego filled mornings for Pufferfish lately!
But today, for some reason, I rallied! I woke up feeling good! I made Pufferfish breakfast, took a shower and changed clothes (no small victory, for me!), did Pufferfish's hair and got her dressed, took her to Petsmart to look at supplies for our new turtles and then to Cici's Pizza for lunch. I came home and let Pufferfish watch just half an hour of TV (I set a timer so she would know when her time was up, because I  was being such an awesome parental figure), and then brought up her baby dolls from the basement so she could play on the floor on her own (she really needs to practice entertaining herself! For her, her only choices seem to be to watch TV or have an adult amuse her!) During that time, I washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and straightened the rest of the house. Then I thought that a fun activity for Pufferfish would be to go outside and "paint" the side of the house with a big paint brush and a cup of water!
So we went outside and started painting the house. Pufferfish was so excited!
But seconds later, Jimmy came home and shouted, "You didn't get Little Bear and Rafael from school?"
Oops.
I had forgotten that the kids had Early Dismissal from school and got out forty-five minutes earlier than usual. By then it was two o'clock and I was already fifteen minutes late, and I had to drive to two different schools!
I tossed Pufferfish in the car, sped to get Little Bear from her school a few blocks away, and then sped to get a very disgruntled Rafael from his school ten minutes away!
To make matters worse... after we'd been at the park for about half an hour, I noticed I had my T-shirt on inside out!
Oh well... I tried!

2 comments:

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Those early dismissal days always throw me off too! But hey, the house painting idea was genius!

Anonymous said...

I HATE HATE HATE those early dimissal days. Our school district has one the first Wednesday of every month. I still cannot figure out when the bus is going to arrive.

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!