Sunday, June 13, 2010

I Suck As A Blogger, And SO Much Has Happened!

Hi everyone! Haven't had much time to blog lately, as you can see. I signed up for two different evening classes for the summer semester. One meets on Monday and Wedensday evenings, adn one meets on Tuesday and Thursday evenings! So now, whatever time I used to spend blogging and doing other liesurely things, is spent in school!
Plus, this past week I had an additional, "intensive class" at school, which means instead of running twice a week for a whole semester, the class runs every day, all day, for just a week. I thought this would be a quick way to get a class done. What I didn't realize is that you also have just a week to do a semester's worth of homework and projects! I had to do three different presentations, complete with Power Point shows and brochures to pass otu to the class, within that week. Plus, study for tests and work on major projects for other classes. Mainly, my day went like this: Get up at six, get to school by seven-thirty, spend half an hour trying to finish homework and do last-minute studying, attend intensive class from eight am to three-thirty pm, spend two hours in the computer lab trying to work on research for three different projects and an essay for the intensive class, plus a major project and two take home tests for another class, plus studying for a major test for the third class. Then go to my evening classes from six pm to nine-fifteen pm. Usually make it home by nine-forty-five pm. Make my lunches for the next day, and try to fall asleep.
On Friday evening I also had to go to an orientation to volunteer at a local organization for kids with special needs, which I have to do as part of one of my classes. (I need to get twenty-five volunteer hours done there by the end of the summer!) By that time I was a wreck! I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I had been having trouble sleeping, probably because of being wound up and working hard all day long... whenever I came home, I had so much pressure to try to sleep when I had the chance, that I just couldn't sleep! Diana gave me a sleeping pill so I could pass out on Friday night.

 Then on Saturday morning I had to go do my volunteer work at Almost Home Foundation, which is the animal rescue organization where my mom got our dog Trixie. My mom's boss and several of her co-workers volunteer there. That is something fun I do for myself, because I love dogs. Its actually sort of relaxing. I just go to the store and hang out with whatever dog that is assigned to me, and introduce the dog to interested people. Yesterday I was with a sweet, adorable beagle named Dove, who ended up getting adopted by a family whose other beagle had been hit by a car! Sad for that beagle and the family, but happy for Dove, who is just the sweetest little pup, despite having come from a high kill shelter where she almost was euthanized!
I also was asked to transport a puppy to her new home. At Almost Home, you can't just show up and adopt a puppy and take it home. Someone else from the organization has to go to your house and check it out, to make sure you live where you say you live, and to make sure it is an okay place for a puppy. This was my first time getting to do the home visit! I had to take this adorable, furry, cuddly puppy to her new home. She slept in my lap the whole way! It was actually sort of sad to part with her, even though I had only known her for the half hour it took to drive to her new home. We had also sort of bonded at the Petsmart, when I had to hold her while she got her Microchip put in. It is like a shot, but because the puppy kept squirming so much, the Microchip kept going in one way and out the other! This happened three times, and she yelped every time! By the fourth time, they finally managed to make it stick. Puppies are very forgiving!
So finally, after all that, I came to my mom's house. My parents weren't even home, so I was going to chill and watch some TV... but I found myself sort of hallucinating! Trixie would walk up to me, and I would suddenly realize I had been dreaming... and I kept forgetting where I was! I kept expecting to be at my room at Diana's, or upstairs at my mom's house, or in my car, and I would be confused, like, "Why am I here?" and then remember. It was sort of freaky! I think the exhaustion just caught up with me.
Another very scary thing happened a week ago! Diana's 16-year-old sister Megan and her boyfriend were at our house, but they got in an arguement, and the boyfriend decided to walk back to Megan's house. (They only live a few blocks from us.) Then Megan, who just got her driver's license, decided to drive home. Monkeyboy is friends with Megan's boyfriends and they had been playing video games together, so he was upset that they were fighting, and he wanted to follow them back to his grandma's house.
The older kids go back and forth between the two  houses constantly, even at night. It is really less than two blocks away, and they are always doing it... Monkeyboy and Marcus going to their grandma's house to see Megan and Sarah, and Megan and Sarah and their friends coming to our house,  at all hours. So although it was about ten-thirty at night, I told MOnkeyboy he could run over to his grandma's to see what was up with Megan and her boyfriend. Megan was supposed to be coming back in ten or fifteen minutes, so I expected that Monkeyboy would ride back with her.
The next thing I knew, Megan called me, hysterically freaking out. Apparently Monkeyboy had gotten to the house and sat down on the curb next to the driveway, without saying hello to Megan or her boyfriend, who were still arguing. Megan got back into her car, upset with her boyfriend, and quickly backed out of the driveway. And she ran over Monkeyboy!
Monkeyboy said, when he realized the car was going to run him over, he completely relaxed all of his muscles and tried to roll out of the way. The car still ran over his legs. I guess she felt something bump and stopped the car, and Monkeyboy yelled, "Megan, drive forward!" because he wanted her to get the car off of him. So she drove forward, running him over again!
The kids called 9-1-1 and then called me and Diana and Jimmy, separately. I was the first to get there, because Diana and Jimmy had gone out with Diana's mom to watch the hockey game.  But by the time I got there, the street was filled with cop cars, fire engines, and ambulances, and the front yard was filled with hysterical teenagers! And inside, Monkeyboy was lying on the couch, with the paramedics doing stuff to him.
But he was fine. He was completely conscious the whole time, and nothing was broken at all. He had "deep bruising" on his legs and he sprained his ankle, but all of his bones, his head, internal organs, neck, etc, were fine!

So Monkeyboy has spent the last week chilling on the couch and getting lots of attention. In a way, it worked out very well for him! He wasn't seriously hurt, and he got to be somewhat of a hero and a celebrity among his friends!

A lot of other things have happened, too, but I need a break from typing before my fingers fall off. More later... I hope!

4 comments:

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

Oh, I'm so glad he was okay. What a miracle! And I hope things even out for you soon with all that you have going on. Take care, my friend!

Stimey said...

Wow! I'm so glad Monkeyboy is okay. So scary! But he has a great story to share for a long, long time!

Adelaide Dupont said...

Glad you're having fun with your four-legged friends, and that Monkeyboy is OK.

Hope Megan is getting lots of driving practice.

Your mind is obviously active from the classes.

Hope the volunteer hours are done.

Anonymous said...

You are totally overbooked. I hope you get some rest soon.

Post a Comment

Leave us a message!